we feel he will be an important piece

Ceci est le premier forum DraftQuest. Commencez par ici!
Message(s) : 120

we feel he will be an important piece

Message par hfy962464 » 16 Octobre 2018, 03:29

TORONTO -- Steve Tolleson is the only Toronto Blue Jay who will want to remember Wednesdays game. Durham Smythe Dolphins Jersey . With his team trailing the Cleveland Indians by 13 runs in the ninth inning, the Blue Jays utility infielder came off the bench to make his big league pitching debut and secure the final out. "I wish the circumstances hadnt even been that way to get that chance but I guess any time you have a chance to go out and try to get an out in a major-league game thats a pretty special opportunity for anyone," said the 30-year-old Tolleson after the Indians pounded the Blue Jays 15-4 at Rogers Centre. "I didnt take it for granted," said Tolleson, who joked that he tried to stay "below the hitting speed" against the two hitters he faced. He yielded a double to Lonnie Chisenhall and got Mike Aviles to pop up. Tolleson, who said he pitched a couple of times late in blowout games in the minors in 2011 and 2012, said manager John Gibbons came up to him before the Cleveland ninth to see if he was willing to go in to pitch if needed. He relieved Neil Wagner, recalled earlier in the day from triple-A Buffalo, who had given up six runs on six hits in 1 1/3 innings. "He was battling out there and if I could save him a few pitches to help him get ready for his next appearance then thats what the team needed today," Tolleson said. Toronto shortstop Jose Reyes flipped the ball into the stands after the Aviles pop up but Tolleson said it was retrieved for him to keep as a souvenir. David Murphy was 5 for 6 with five runs batted in and Chisenhall was 5 for 6 with an RBI as Cleveland (19-21) had 22 hits off for five different Toronto pitchers before 14,068 fans. The Indians led 4-2 after six innings before pounding the Toronto bullpen to turn it into a laugher. "We were in that game going into the seventh inning," Gibbons said. "Then, of course, it exploded on us. Get that one out of our system and come back tomorrow." Toronto (20-21) closes out a nine-game home stand against the Indians on Thursday night. Dustin McGowans struggles at home continued. The Toronto right-handed starter was touched for four runs in four-plus innings, including a two-run home run by Carlos Santana. McGowan (2-2), making his eighth start of the season, gave up a run in each of the second and fourth innings before being chased by three straight hits including Santanas two-run blast in the fifth. McGowan is now 0-2 with 16 earned runs in 15 2/3 innings and 9.10 earned-run-average over four starts at the Rogers Centre this season. On the road, hes 2-0 with six earned runs in 23 1/3 innings and a sparkling 2.31 ERA in four starts. "It was just one of those nights where they were waffling the ball," McGowan said. "Sometimes you have to tip your hat to them. "All my pitches were fine tonight. I just got hit hard." Former Blue Jay Yan Gomes had a three-run homer in the ninth off Wagner to cap the onslaught. Meanwhile, Cleveland starter Corey Kluber (4-3) had a solid outing. The right-hander retired the first 13 Blue Jays he faced and finished the night yielding two runs, four hits and a walk while striking out nine over seven innings. Adam Lind had two of the Blue Jays eight hits while Jose Bautista, Brett Lawrie, Juan Francisco and Josh Thole each drove in a run. After Thursdays game, the Blue Jays go out on the road for three weekend games in Texas before heading to Fenway Park for a three-game series against the Boston Red Sox beginning on Tuesday. Jerome Baker Dolphins Jersey .C. - Alberta prop Andrew Tiedemann will captain Canada against Uruguay on Friday, the opening day of competition at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship. Albert Wilson Jersey . In this space, I will be writing new and unique pieces about the team that you wont be able to find anywhere else. So naturally, in an attempt to come up with a fresh topic about the Ottawa Senators, I am going to start with a piece about their goaltending. http://www.dolphinsrookiestore.com/Dolphins-Mike-Gesicki-Jersey/ .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers.SAN DIEGO - David Robertson is looking forward to playing with Jeff Samardzija on the new-look Chicago White Sox.Chicago announced a $46 million, four-year contract with Robertson on Wednesday, giving the White Sox a sorely needed presence at the back end of their bullpen after they had 21 blown saves last season, tied for seventh most in the majors.The deal with the closer, who turns 30 in April, is the latest move in a busy off-season for general manager Rick Hahn and Chicago, which went 73-89 and finished fourth in the AL Central this year. The White Sox also signed reliever Zach Duke and first baseman Adam LaRoche, and then bolstered their rotation by acquiring Samardzija in a trade with Oakland on Tuesday.I love what Rick Hahn has been doing this off-season, Robertson said on a conference call. I like the moves hes making with getting LaRoche and Zach Duke and the trade for Samardzija. I feel like hes building a good squad thats really going to be a competitor next year and Im hoping that we end up back in the playoffs.Robertson said he found out about the Samardzija deal when reporters heard the news.When our deal went down it was nice to hear that he was going to be there, too, he said. Hes a strong competitor, hes got a great arm and I like the way he approaches the game when he takes the mound.Robertson gets $10 million next year, $11 million in 2016, $12 million in 2017 and $13 million in 2018 under the agreement announced Wednesday. The right-hander was 4-5 with a 3.08 ERA and 39 saaves this year, when he took over as the New York Yankees closer following Mariano Riveras retirement. Jerome Baker Jersey. Ive had a wonderful time playing with the New York Yankees and I made some great friendships and relationships that will last years after baseball, and its been a great opportunity, Robertson said. But now Im looking forward to the next chapter.Robertson said he figured he probably would not be returning to New York after it reached a $36 million, four-year contract with lefty reliever Andrew Miller on Friday.I wasnt surprised. It is a business and the Yankees had to do what they had to do, he said. Obviously, when they signed Miller I kind of had a feeling they might not approach us as well as we would have liked.As part of the contract with Chicago, Robertson cannot be traded without his consent to the New York Mets, Detroit, the Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland or Philadelphia.David fills an immediate need in the back end of our bullpen, and we feel he will be an important piece to our pitching staff for the next four seasons, Hahn said.Robertson would get a $25,000 bonus is hes the starting pitcher in the All-Star game and $15,000 if hes selected for the game. He also would get $100,000 for World Series, $75,000 for League Championship Series MVP, $25,000 for a Gold Glove and $50,000 for making The Sporting News all-star team. He also would get $100,000 each for winning MVP or Cy Young, $90,000 for second, $80,000 for third, $70,000 for fourth and $60,000 for fifth. Wholesale Jerseys 2018 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Hoodies NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Retour vers A propos de DraftQuest